Sunday, April 26, 2009

Beauty Review: Paula's Choice Sheer Matte Tint Part 2

Okay, if you read the previous review you know I was kind of lackluster about Paula's Choice Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF 20. I tried the Sheer Beige, which was a wee bit darker than my actual skin tone; it stood out and made it obvious that I was wearing some kind of shade on my skin, which in my book is against what a tinted moisturizer is supposed to do.

I tried out the Sheer Neutral, however, on my medium-olive skin, and lemme tell ya, it's an almost perfect match. Nothing short of Prescriptives' custom-blended foundation (assuming you find a really good counterperson who knows what they're doing, which you definitely should) will likely give you the perfect match, but this comes pretty close. In the muted light of my bathroom mirror it blended perfectly and disappeared almost immediately into my skin, even with the thicker-than-recommended layer I applied (I want the full SPF without having to add an additional product on my skin!). Once I stepped outside in natural light, even my husband thought it looked really good, very natural, and he ordinarily likes me sans any makeup, even a sheer tint. It's extremely lightweight and feels like nothing on my skin, a big plus for my ordinarily oily complexion.


Bottom line: This is an excellent tinted moisturizer for folks with normal or oily/combination skin who want to eschew traditional foundation. You'll still need to tote some blotting sheets with you, especially if you live in a humid climate, but otherwise this will provide not only sheer coverage but a decent overall matte finish. And if you hate piling on the products, the broad spectrum SPF 20 will be a godsend; just wash your face, apply this tint and go.


Paula's Choice Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF 20: $14.95/1 oz tube. Excellent value.

No comments: