Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcoming myself back!!!

I've been away for so long, I'd forgotten that I haven't blogged here in months and months!!! I'm so sorry for neglecting this wonderful site! It's been a hectic few months, what with traveling overseas in the fall (Singapore for nearly the entire month of September), running my freelance writing business, the holidays, and then...drum roll...a move to one of the fastest-growing cities in the country -- and one of my two hometowns (the other being Manila), Dallas!

Yup, my husband and I decided to head back and be closer to our families again. He landed a good job at one of the most prestigious hospitals in the area, so we're back in the arms of the Big D and are trying to get our bearings once more. (We moved here about a month ago.) We're not completely settled in yet -- our new apartment won't be ready for move-in for another two weeks -- but we're getting there. In the meantime, I'm lining up my projects and am getting back on track with some that I've neglected the past few months, including Beauty in Mahogany!

I have a backlog of products to review and am planning to concentrate on that for the next few weeks. My plan of action is to review three times a week, not including shorter, more pithy posts about fashion, events, and other articles that may be of interest to stylish, gorgeous women of color. Now that I'm back in Dallas, I'll have even more opportunity to check out the latest and best in beauty and fashion, not to mention all the fantastic cultural events that this city has to offer.

I still miss the quiet life out in the rural West, but I'm adjusting back to city life. I guess I found out that I'm really a rural girl at heart, but I'm taking advantage of all that Dallas has to offer. So far, so good.

To those of you who've stuck by Beauty in Mahogany throughout its hiatus, thank you! It's so good to be back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nowadays, in tne market,many herbal products are avilable, people are also interested to use these products for natural treatment procedures. The Naturallyorganichealthstore.com offers many herbal products. I also used their boojee beads. It's too good for health.I had been relying on http://www.naturallyorganichealthstore.com/ earlier and they too offered good herbal products.