Thursday, October 25, 2007

Kerry Washington Chic


I only "saw" Save The Last Dance once, and I use that term literally because at the time I was on a long-distance bus from Dar es Salaam to Moshi, a town at the foothills of Kilimanjaro and the jumping off point for many wanting to climb the volcano. The sound was off, although I think there were [English] subtitles. Not that it mattered -- I and my then-best friend (now husband) were sitting halfway down the bus, so we were just a wee bit too far to really see much.

Anyway, I finally caught it again this morning on the TBS cable channel, and the only reason I saw it was because I was absolutely captivated by Kerry Washington's character Chenille. Did you guys catch the girl's wardrobe??? Devastating! Check out the above still from the film. She's the fly girl 2nd from left with the red headscarf.

I've noticed her Washington a lot lately because of her work as spokesmodel for a cosmetics company (I think it's L'Oreal Paris). She has that unusual beauty that's remarkable precisely because it doesn't conform to the conventional look of so many other models out there. Sure, she has the flawless skin and prominent cheekbones the fashion and beauty industries absolutely covet, but there's something else about her -- perhaps a keen intelligence, a great sense of humor -- a certain quelque chose that's just brilliant.

Here's another photo of her. This emerald green is gorgeous on her, and the unique and eye-catching neckpiece just enhances her delicate beauty. (And I've no idea about the ice cream "cameo." I think it has something to do with an answer she gave during an interview regardign her favorite ice cream treat.)

No comments: