Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beauty Review: Every Man Jack Body Wash

Yes, this is a body wash targeting men, but ohhhhhh, how good it feels when I jump in the shower after a long run.

C'mon, ladies, who among you hasn't borrowed your man's razor/shaving cream/cologne/boxer shorts/car? Why not his body wash?

Don't get me wrong: I love me my Bath & Body Works shower gels. I love all the different scents they have, the enormous collection of body washes that purportedly address every possible need a woman could have. Stressed? Try the lavender aromatherapy. Need a little pick-me-up? Feeling decadent? Try the Chocolate Mocha Body Wash. Want to feel as if you're in the tropics? Try anything they have with the word coconut on the label.

Still, sometimes a girl's just gotta feel clean. Since it's summer, and even out here in the supposedly dry desert humidity can reach a whopping 80-85% (like this morning!), my morning runs can be a real slogfest by the time I get home. Not that I mind -- I love feeling strong and powerful and all I-Am-Woman-Hear-Me-Roar, and the endorphin rush in the end can't be beat -- but one of the best things about running is the chance to sit under a rush of water from the shower and just wash off all the sweat and grime.

There's nothing inherently masculine about the Every Man Jack body wash other than its vaguely geometric, faux-wood packaging that I guess is supposed to remind men of their ancient hunting legacy. The one I'm loving is the Signature Mint scent; the peppermint feels and smells absolutely refreshing, and I'd like to believe that the mint is doing all its handy antibacterial work on all the dirt and germs I picked up on the road. Plus, did I mention that it's free of parabens, artificial colors and sodium lauryl sulfate? Yeah, this is good stuff.

The only complaint I have? The dispenser isn't the easiest to pop open in the shower. You have to flick open the lid, but it's a little tight, which can make it hard to operate when your hands are wet. But that's a small price to pay for cleanliness.

Price: $5.00 for 12 oz., although I've seen it for sale at Target for less. Worth the price.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got the citrus scrub as I wanted something manly that would essentially sand blast off all the grime and dead skin (I may have Keratosis pilaris and need that kind of thing). I'll avoid the mint after your review.

wine production said...

Hi I liked your information is very interesting ... these blogs about such interesting topics and I think I should love to offer more of these items as excellent ... thanks for the post