Thursday, July 10, 2008

Some great beauty and fashion blogs to check out

I thought I'd send some link-love to a few of my favorite beauty and fashion bloggers. These gals really put a lot of effort into crafting savvy reviews and critiques of the latest stuff out on the runways, fashion mags and department store/drugstore counters, so if you have a chance, check them out:

StyleManila
-- Sasha Manuel is a blogging fiend. Seriously. She runs several blogs, all of them great and thought-provoking, but this is the one I first discovered and still my favorite. Sasha's an occasional model, stylish and make-up artist, not to mention a savvy businesswoman and a prolific blogger. Yeah, she's da bomb. Anyhoo, StyleManila is a great source for fashion and beauty tips, so pay a visit sometime! She's super-friendly, I promise.

Shake Your Beauty -- A lot of you probably already know this one, but just in case, you should definitely head on over to Tia Williams' site if you haven't. Tia's not just a blogger, though; she's also the author of popular chick-lit novels and a spokesmodel for Olay. She's funny and irreverent and a definite queen in the beauty blogging world.

AsianCajuns -- The blog title pretty much says it all. Half-Cajun, half-Chinese twins who blog about fashion from the dynamic city of Atlanta.

The Makeup Girl -- Makeup, makeup and more makeup! I'm more of a skincare gal myself, but I love checking out their beauty tips and reviews all the same.

Beauty Bento Box -- Another of Sasha Manuel's beauty-inspired blogs.

Jolie Nadine (formerly Jolie in NYC) -- One of my all-time favorite beauty blogs. You may already know Jolie, but if not, get thee to her blog! She's a former beauty editor at Lucky and rocketed to blogger fame when the blog she'd been writing anonymously about the perks of being a big-name beauty editor was busted by Page Six. Talk about serendipity. Now she's a well-known blogger, author (her book Beauty Confidential is a must-read for any beauty addict) and beauty consultant. This girl's got it goin' on. Plus, she offers up generous celebrity gossip, too. Woo hoo!

Beauty 365
-- One of my very first readers and still one of my favorite beauty blogs for women of color. Love her! (Oh, and I think I owe her a meme from, like, six months ago. Eek.)

That's it for now. Enjoy! I'll have more beauty and fashion news tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog line up. I always like trying to find new blogs to read. Specially am a fan of The Makeup Girl... elke

Beauty in Mahogany said...

Dear Elke, you're so welcome! Yeah, there are tons of beauty and fashion blogs out there, but only a few really stand out, huh? What are some of your faves besides the Makeup Girl?

Cheers,
Marjorie

Anonymous said...

I'd like to offer a nomination to your list. Check out http://www.truthingaging.com!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oops - that's www.truthinaging.com. Sorry for the typo!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog line up,I'd like to offer a nomination to your list. Check out.