Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Free beauty products and samples from Allure

I've mentioned elsewhere (can't remember where) that Allure is, hands down, my favorite beauty magazine here in the United States. It's totally devoted to nothing but beauty, beauty and more beauty. No articles about female genital mutilation in Africa, child soldiers in the Congo or journalists being killed in the Philippines. Just pure, self-indulgent beauty.

Not that there's anything wrong with writing about crucial topics such as the above. I read the paper, write a regular column for the local daily and listen to NPR. I majored in political science and will return to graduate school, hopefully to study women's studies and Asian History.

When it comes to my beauty and fashion mags, though, all I want is pure escape. Give me all the latest on beauty products and Marc Jacobs' fall collection. Allure knows its core competence and doesn't dare veer an inch from it.

One of my absolute favorite things about Allure, of course, is their monthly giveaways. I've yet to win anything from Allure (although I did win an Escada purse from Elle, another great beauty/fashion rag). August is the best time to sign up, as they have tons of up-to-the-minute products, everything from skincare to haircare and fragrances. Sign up at Allure Access. Make sure that you go to Win It! Get It! to view all the current promotions.

BONUS: For a limited time only, Allure also has their great August giveaway, with dozens of designer products just waiting for eager fashionistas and beauty junkies. I signed up for just about everything! You'll have to actually sign up for each product individually, so prepare for a few minutes of entering your vital stats. But don't worry: they don't ask for your birthdate, social security number, or anything too personal. They will, however, ask for name, address, telephone number, age, household income, and email address. Just so you know, I've never received any junk calls or mail from them, save for the occasional Allure email promo.

So sign up! (The giveaways are all for a limited time only, so sign up now before it ends!) Someone's gotta win this stuff, right? Why can't it be you?

No comments: