Friday, July 11, 2008

Beauty Review: Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum

I have to admit, lately, I've been really loving Vichy's products. I last reviewed them back in late April on My Inner French Girl, when I raved about their Capital Soleil sunscreen. I'm picky picky picky about the sunscreen that I put on my face, especially those containing Avobenzone, which can really irritate my semi-sensitive skin. Nothing wrong with Avobenzone, mind you, but it just doesn't work as well for me as it does on others, which is a pity because the physical blocks (Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide) leave this awful, geisha-like white sheen on my face.

Anyhoo, I digress.

I've been using their new Aqualia Thermal Serum 24-Hr Fortifying Moisturizer the past week, and oh man, I love love love it. (I know, I overdo it a little on the triple-emphasis, but hey, why say it once when you can say it...thrice? And italicize while you're at it?) I dab on a little bit at night all over my face, and I find that I don't need a second moisturizer at all. Now, my face is pretty oily, but I do live in the desert, so even in the summer I sometimes find the need to smooth on a bit of moisturizer in the evening (though not during the day except for what it's in my sunscreen).

Some of its awesome benefits:
  • A cooling, silky, fluid texture. Very soothing.
  • Absorbed instantly.
  • Great for my sensitive skin. My face actually looked smooth and calm, despite the torture I'd put it through with the Neutrogena astringent the past month! (By the way, I skipped the astringent this week. No sense in inflicting more damage.)
  • Can be used either during the day (under sunscreen and makeup) or at night. Unless you have very dry skin, there's no need for a separate moisturizer.
  • Literally does work for hours. I don't know about the 24-hour part, but it did provide continuous moisturization the entire time I was beauty-sleeping. Woke up and was very pleased at how radiant my skin looked, despite the bad I had tossing and turning. (What's up with that?)
  • Loaded with antioxidants and Hyaluronine, which is supposed to boost hydration.
Definitely give this one a shot if you have a chance.

Price: $29 for 30 ml/1.01 fl-oz. Available at www.vichy.com and at select stores, including Ulta.

No comments: